Congratulations on your engagement! We are pleased that you are considering Food for Thought Catering to provide exceptional food and service for your big day. There are a few things you should know before getting started.
1. We do not operate nor do we have any affiliations with venues. You will need to confirm with your selected venue that we will be permitted to cater your event. We are fully licensed and insured, and will be able to provide the venue with documentation should they require it. Any rental fees charged by the venue are the client’s responsibility.
2. We do not sell alcoholic beverages. If you wish to provide them yourself, we can provide mixer packages, ice, serving equipment and bartenders.
3. Our pricing is based on a buffet style meal. Plated meals or onsite cooking require significant additional charges and time to plan and will require a non-refundable consultation fee of $200 that will be credited to your final bill should you choose to book with us.
4. A $500 advance payment and a signed contract are required to reserve a date. Fifty percent of the estimated balance will be due 3 months prior to the event, with an additional forty-five percent due 1 month before the event. The remaining balance and final guaranteed number of guests will be due 5 business days before the event. All advance payments are non-refundable.
5. We will not be able to provide a cost estimate to you until you make specific choices from our menu. We recommend choosing three hot and three cold appetizers, a salad, two entrees, a vegetable, and a starch.
We will include the following in our pricing:
1. A five-hour reception
2. Event captain, chefs, and servers (number of staff will be determined by the size, location, and complexity of the event)
3. Cutting and plating your cake
4. 20% service charge
Factors that will affect the cost:
In most cases, a sit-down meal is more expensive than a buffet, because a sit-down meal requires more staff to prepare, serve and clear. China service and glassware also require more staff than disposable plates, cutlery, and cups.
Kitchen Facilities of Your Venue:
If you’re marrying in a location that has inefficient kitchen facilities – or none at all – arrangements may need to be made through a local rental company to obtain tents, generators, a water supply, and cooking equipment as deemed necessary by our event planning team.